Friday, February 12, 2010

What a weekend!

Sorry so late, as I try to blog about once a week, usually around the weekend, but I've been just too busy lately. Besides working a more than full-time job and trying to get this web magazine going, I managed to sneak in a little getaway last weekend. True to form though, it did involve the mag, so I must admit, there was some degree of work involved, but I loved every minute of it!

The Kiss Coffeehouse, www.kisscoffeehouse.com , hosted an album release party for former KISS/UNION guitarist BRUCE KULICK's new cd, BK3. Thanks to Kymm at 60 Cycle Media, I was able to get a tremendous interview with Bruce on video. He was such a gentleman and very candid. We discussed BK3 and the many guests on the release (Gene Simmons, Nick Simmons, Eric Singer, John Corabi, Doug Fieger, Tobias Sammett, and Steve Lukather), being a guest on an upcoming episode of "Gene Simmons Family Jewels", the Kiss Unplugged experience, make-up vs non-make-up, and much more. Bruce was awesome, I can't wait to share the video with you all.

The crew at the Kiss Coffeehouse was terrific! Catering to the little boy living in my heart, I had to journey over to Broadway at the Beach and check the shop out as soon as I got to town. Even a rough 9 1/2 hour night at work, with no sleep before travelling couldn't stop me from getting to the weekend's Mecca. It was great hanging out there pretty much every day and talking to the crew. I learned so much talking and chatting about the shop and Kiss's involvement. Hopefully they will allow me back to get some video of the shop and get them on camera as well. Awesome!

I do want to apologize to SELAH DUBB, as they had a big event honoring Robert Nesta Marley's birthday, but more importantly, raising money for earthquake torn Haiti while I was out of town. Check out this awesome reggae trio at www.myspace.com/selah.dubb . They work hard and definately deserve your time.

This weekend is wide open. I was hoping to link up and build with Kon from MindsOne, but he seems just as busy as I am these days. The site should have some content added very soon (like hopefully this weekend). There is also another very big video interview brewing for next weekend. I don't wanna jinx anything, but I am very excited.

-Andy
www.AYPmagazine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment